This recipe requires only 6 ingredients, and in less than 10 minutes, you will find yourself enjoying creamy, smoky pasta. Cashews make up the base of the sauce, but if you do not have any on hand, almonds are a great substitute (raw and blanched are the best for an extra creamy sauce). We are obsessed with chilies in adobo sauce! They add a ton of smoky flavour to soups, sauces, and salad dressings. Remember to start small, adding ½ a chilli at a time until you reach your desired spiciness. This recipe calls for only one chilli, but you may increase it for some extra heat!
- 2 cups cashews
- 1/2 can fire-roasted, diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup nut milk (we used cashew milk)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 chilli in adobo sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- pea sprouts for garnish
- pasta of your choice
- Soak cashews overnight if you do not have a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Boil water and begin to prepare the pasta.
- Add the cashews, tomatoes, nut milk, lemon juice, garlic, and chilli to a food processor and blend until creamy (approx. 2-3 minutes). If the sauce is too thick, add more nut milk or canned tomatoes to desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and immediately add the sauce, stirring to combine. Dish out pasta into 4–6 bowls and garnish with pea sprouts.
- Best served hot and with a side of warm bread to soak up all that chipotle goodness!