Quinoa is known to be one of the world’s most popular health foods.
It is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids..
It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
So this salad is a winner hands down. It is fresh and warm and is the best side to any main course. Assemble in less than 30 minutes and enjoy!
The avocado adds some creaminess, while the lime and cilantro give it the most satisfying flavour. The crunch from the tomato and cucumber compliment the black beans and corn.
Enjoy the best quinoa salad all year long!
• Zest of 1 lime
• Juice of one lime
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1 tsp coconut sugar (or any sugar you prefer)
Mix above ingredients in a large bowl.
• 1 1/2 C quinoa
• 3 Cups vegetable broth
• 1 Cup black beans (rinsed)
• 1 Cup corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
• 1 ripe avocado, diced
• 2 heirloom tomatoes, diced
• 1/2 cucumber, diced
• 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
• 1/4 C cilantro, chopped
1. Rinse quinoa in cold water in a bowl, strain through a sieve.
2. Bring veggie broth to a boil, add quinoa, turn heat to low and cover (20
3. Fold in corn and black beans to quinoa.
4. Add quinoa and all ingredients to dressing, mix lightly.
5. Serve warm or cold (if there’s any left)