Unwind after a long day by kicking your feet up and sipping on this refreshing cocktail. The drink features the rich flavor combination of mezcal, ume and lime, and is best enjoyed outdoors on a warm late-summer evening.
- 2 scoop mezcal
- 1 scoop Choya Umeshu ume wine
- 1 ume plum, pitted
- 1 scoop simple syrup
- 1 scoop lime juice
- 1 scoop of egg white or 1 scoop canned chickpea water for vegans
- splash of club soda or sparkling water for topping
- matcha powder (optional for garnish)
- sprig of mint or lime peel (optional for garnish)
- Snow Peak Measuring Spoon
- Ti-Double Stacking Mug
1. In a cocktail shaker muddle plum until broken up and pulpy \
2. Add a handful of ice, the mezcal, ume wines, simple syrup, lime juice, and egg white. Shake vigorously to combine (until egg is frothy or the shaker is too cold to hold)
3. Fill mug half way with crushed ice. Pour contents from shaker through a strainer into mug and top it off with club soda or sparkling water to the brim. Dust lightly with matcha powder and top with mint or lime peel for garnish.
4. Bonus step: For extra frothy topping, remove strainer and fill mug with leftover foam.
5. Sip and enjoy!
Recipe was inspired by localmilkblog.com. local milk is a journal devoted to home cookery, travel, family, and slow living—to being present & finding sustenance of every kind. It’s about nesting abroad & finding the exotic in the everyday. Most of all it’s about the perfection of imperfections and seeing the beauty of everyday, mundane life.
Images: Snow Peak