Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 24 minutes
Total time: 34 minutes
Servings: 8 bagels
Calories: 175 cal/bagel
Macros: 35g carbohydrates / 1g fat / 10g protein
1.5 cup self-rising flour
1.5 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
1.5 tsp salt
1/4 cup everything bagel seasoning
1 egg white
1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray to prevent the bagels from sticking.
- In a large bowl, combine the self-rising flour, salt, and yogurt until the mixture clumps to a shaggy dough. Dump the mixture onto a lightly floured work surface and knead the dough together by hand for about 1 minute, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Dust with additional flour as needed if the dough is too sticky.
- Create a large cylinder and cut the dough into 8 equal parts. Shape each portion of dough into a log. Form each log into a circle and gently pinch the ends together to close the loop. Shape the ring until the dough is uniform and even on all sides. Repeat with remaining rounds. Flour your hands as needed.
- Mix together the egg wash by whisking the egg and milk in a small bowl. Place the everything bagel seasoning in a shallow dish. Lightly dip the surface of your bagels into the egg wash mixture and then immediately into the seasoning to evenly coat the top surface of the bagel.
- Arrange the shaped bagels on the prepared baking sheet ensuring they are a good distance apart from each other (approx. 2 1/2 inches).
- Bake for 22 minutes and broil at the end for an additional 2 minutes or until the tops of the bagels turn golden brown.
To make homemade self-rising flour: combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt.
To make homemade everything bagel seasoning combine 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic, 1 tablespoon dried minced onion, 2 teaspoons flaked or coarse sea salt.