We love fine cheeses, and when it comes to a healthy salad like this one, it doesn’t hurt to indulge in a little dairy! Served on a bed of greens, with crunchy seeds and a light dressing that balances the sweetness of pear with the fragrant earthiness of thyme, the torched Paillot de Chevre will make this nutritious meal feel deliciously indulgent.
|Apple cider emulsion|
|Apple cider reduced by half||2 cups|
|Maple syrup||2 tbsp|
|Brown sugar||2 tbsp|
|Dijon mustard||1 tbsp|
|Grape seed oil||3 cups|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Organic mixed baby greens (local)||2 cups|
|Dried cranberries||1 tbsp|
|Pumpkin seeds||1 tsp|
|Bee pollen||1 tsp|
|Pickled red onion||pinch|
|Pickled red onion|
|Red onion, shaved||1|
|Apple cider vinegar||½ cup|
Paillot de Chevre (Torched)
|1. For the apple cider emulsion, reduce 2 cups of apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, brown sugar, and thyme. Let cool.|
2. In a blender, add the pear, apple, Dijon mustard, and red onion.
3. Blend until it becomes smooth in consistency.
4. Add the grape seed oil, gradually making an emulsion.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. In a mixing bowl, add the organic greens, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, bee pollen, and pickled onion.
7. Add the apple cider emulsion.
8. Toss and serve underneath a torched wheal of Paillot de Chevre goat cheese.