Varieties of Noodles
The amount of wheat noodle alternatives available today is phenomenal! Wheat is one of the top genetically modified foods and can easily cause damage in the body. Genetically modified foods can derange the DNA of our friendly bacteria, resist us from antibiotics, suppress the immune system and increase the risk of cancer! Becoming aware of the natural choices has never been more important. Simple wheat alternatives include:
- Legume/lentil based noodles (mung bean, chickpea, blackbean…)
- Soba Noodles (Buckwheat based)
- Sea Spaghetti
- Spiralizing Veggies (zucchini, carrots, beets…)
- Kelp Noodles
“ALFREDO” SAUCE RECIPE
A creamy, rich, non-dairy version of the traditional alfredo sauce made with all whole food ingredients! This sauce is paleo and vegan friendly.
Yield: 3 cups
1 head cauliflower, steamed
1 cup cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour, *discard water)
1 cup nut milk (almond or hemp work well)
½ cup nutritional yeast
1tsp kelp (or sea salt)
½ tsp pepper
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp coconut oil (for cooking)
1 medium onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
- Chop cauliflower into rough pieces, steam until tender.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Sweat onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend/mix until creamy.
- May tossed into a large pan with zucchini to heat before serving.
- This sauce can be used on any pasta noodle; I used spiralized zucchini for this version. ENJOY!