It’s the first day of spring, meaning it’s time to crack open the windows and replace the stale air of winter with a fresh, mild breeze. March also means spring cleaning: a time to de-clutter, re-organize, detox, and reinvigorate our lives and our homes.
Read on for this month’s buying guide, in which we’ve rounded up our favourite products for aiding in the spring cleaning process.
- This #1 New York Times best-selling guide to decluttering your home, penned by Japanese cleaning consultant Marie Kondo, takes readers step-by-step through her revolutionary KonMari Method for simplifying, organizing, and storing.
- Sandoval’s decadent scents, packaged in sleek, jet-black glass bottles, look as good on your coffee table as they smell when misted over your linens. The sprays are completely toxin-free and instead infuse your home with the potent, yet gentle effects of aromatherapy.Regardless of whether you believe in the energetic properties of crystals, the benefits of aromatherapy and essential oils are well documented. From the beginning of his journey, founder and creator Michael Carbaugh noticed that essential oil blends had mood enhancing properties when sprayed in his home. As he dove into research on his favorite oils, he discovered that the scents he intuitively gravitated towards had especially long lists of healing properties and benefits.When asked to pick a favorite oil, Carbaugh’s unequivocal answer was: sandalwood! He can actually feel energy shooting through his body with its scent. But this essential oil is also known to calm and reduce anxiety, stimulate cell regeneration, create euphoria, work as an antiseptic, and and even work as an anti-cancer agent!
- As we inch back into the spring months, the notion of wearing running shoes outdoors again can come as a delight. The chore of cleaning them, however, is always a burden. The Jason Markk Premium Sneaker Solution Set was created to help us keep our prized “kicks” looking just as clean as the day we bought them. The kit includes an 8 oz. bottle of quality sneaker solution, good for cleaning up to 200 pairs. The solution’s 98% natural formula does not contain any harsh chemicals or abrasives, making it completely safe to use on all colors and materials. Included is a handcrafted wooden sneaker brush for gentle scrubbing.
- Mrs. Meyer’s trusted line of home and body care products was born from a belief that cleaning shouldn’t feel like a chore. All products are made from plant-derived ingredients mixed with essential oils, with 16 scents to choose from. Although powerful against dirt and grime, they do not contain chlorine bleach, ammonia, petroleum distillates, parabens, phosphates, or phthalates. With a unique, vintage aesthetic in their branding, each package boasts a tip on how to use it, and even encourages you to recycle the container once it’s empty. They also offer a refill program though their website. Mrs. Meyer’s products are efficient, effective, and impressive.
- La Literatura Open is perfect for both small-scale storage solutions and large compositions, either against the wall or as a freestanding room partition. This highly customizable piece is available in a variety of sizes and can be designed to include a hideaway desk, drawers, and rolling shelves that run on a track. Available in walnut and stained oak finishes, La Literatura adds style and functionality to any space.
- Regardless of whether you’re set up with a home water filtration system, you should strongly consider adding Miyabi’s Bamboo Charcoal Water Filters to your water purification tool-kit. Why? Because water is the foundation for life and good health, and with this portable water purification system, you will drink more clean water. It’s as simple as that.
- We all need a helping hand when it comes to cleaning our homes. This handy little device, the iRobot Roomba 980, effectively cleans your floors — both carpeted and hard surfaces. Now it is even smarter than ever; you can schedule cleanings and obtain data on when and where your robot has cleaned, and even locate your robot from your smartphone with the new smart app. iRobot, the leading global consumer robot company, designs and builds robots that empower people to do more both inside and outside the home. iRobot not only offers robust vacuums but floor mops, pool cleaners, and even gutter cleaning devices.
- Cleaning out your internal system is essential to good health. More and more people are turning to a vegan diet for the health benefits and gut flora; increased energy, younger looking skin, and eternal youth are just some of the claims from enthusiastic plant eaters. While eternal youth might be a bit optimistic, there are certainly scientifically-proven benefits to vegan living when compared to the average western diet.Ideal for health enthusiasts, busy families, or anyone who wants to enjoy the nutritional benefits of freshly made nut milk, the Soyabella Soymilk Maker is a unique small appliance for the home. In addition to making soy milk, Soyabella can make raw almond milk in 30 seconds and is great for making milk from a wide variety of beans and rice. As well as fresh dairy alternatives, it can also make porridges, split pea soup, and much more. It doesn’t stop there — Soyabella’s dry food grinder accessory enables the grinding of dried beans, nuts, and grains that result in a rich, smooth consistency. And for java lovers, it can also grind fresh coffee beans.
- This witty, side-splitting parody of Marie Kondo’s bestseller The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up explains how to rid yourself of unwanted obligations, shame, and guilt — and let go of people and things that make you unhappy. This is a great tongue in cheek approach to mental decluttering that will help you unleash the power of not giving a crap about family drama, having a “bikini body”, co-workers’ opinions, and all other garbage that clutters your life. This easy read will give you the power to spend your time, energy, and money on the things that really matter.