Looking for a light summer meal that will break the monotony of constant BBQ? The quick-fix sandwich gets a decadent upgrade with this lobster club, which features a mouthwatering foie gras butter and a summery mixture of fresh green herbs. It’s the perfect sandwich to serve while entertaining guests around the pool— that is, if you can bring yourself to share!
SMOKED TOMATO CHUTNEY
2 lbs Roma tomatoes
5 cans diced tomatoes
4-5 red onions, diced
5 tbsp garlic, minced
5 thyme sprigs, chopped
2 rosemary sprigs, chopped
Apple cider vinegar (to taste)
Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Smoke Roma tomatoes.
- In a pot, sweat the onion, garlic, and herbs.
- Add canned tomatoes and apple cider vinegar. Season.
- Reduce until it becomes thick.
- Chop smoked tomatoes and then add to the chutney.
- You can puree for the lobster club sauce!
GREEN GODDESS EMULSION
1 bunch tarragon
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch chives
1 tbsp garlic
1 bunch arugula
2 tbsp mustard
1.5 L mayo
Juice of one lemon
- Put everything in a blender and buzz!
FOIE GRAS BUTTER
1 lb butter
4 tbsp duck fat
2 oz foie gras
1 tbsp honey
- Mix together with softened butter.
EAST COAST LOBSTER
4 L water
1 cup salt
1 lb ice cubes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rumbling boil and cook lobsters for exactly 7 minutes.
- Remove and shock in water bath to shock the cooking process.
- Clean lobster meat out of the shell.
- Assemble the club sandwich with crispy bacon and a fried hen egg using the triple decker method with sourdough bread.
- Brush the foie gras butter onto the toasted sourdough just before you are ready to plate.
- Layer the sandwich with butter lettuce, smoked tomato chutney, and green goddess emulsion.